Monday, July 18, 2011

"Sex Eddies" 1985

This is one of my favorite photographs.
It is part of the legendary Golden Bear building in Huntington Beach, Ca. The Golden Bear opened in 1929 and was located on Ocean Ave, now PCH, right across from the HB pier. It was the Whisky a Go Go or Troubador of our neighborhood and hosted such acts as Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, the Doors and Stevie Ray Vaughn. This is the first place I ever saw a "real" concert. When my friends and I heard of its demise, we ran down to take some photos of the building. It was torn down, amidst protest, in 1986. The first show I saw there was The Alarm, followed by.... Fishbone, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Los Lobos.. and many others I don't remember.

2 comments:

  1. I have also great memories of sitting right at the stage for The Limelighters...now that is really an oldie! Always loved that photo!

    ReplyDelete